Raspberry breakfast energy balls with coconut
Summer is the best time to get your fill of fresh, in-season fruit, and you might as well get an early start in the morning by adding them to your cereal, chia pudding, or overnight oats - or in these delicious breakfast balls! Whether you grab them in the morning or enjoy them as a quick snack, you'll love their mix of oats, almonds, coconut, chia and raspberry. Colourful, tasty and full of healthy ingredients, you'll want to bring them everywhere!
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raw nuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, powdered
- 1/3 cup grated coconut, plus more to coat the balls
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic whole black Proactivchia seeds
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Put all the ingredients together in a food processor except for the raspberries and mix for a few minutes. Scrape the sides with a spatula and mix again.
- Add the raspberries and pulse again to mix them into the mixture, leaving many pieces whole.
- Scoop mixture about the size of a tablespoon, roll it into a ball and then coat the ball by rolling it in the grated coconut. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Keep in the freezer or fridge in a tightly sealed container. Notes: Instead of raspberries, try with the frozen fruit of your choice!