Plant-based, protein-packed energy bars made from whole ingredients. Healthy and delicious, they are the perfect snack! Each bar contains about 8 grams of protein. This recipe was created by Danielle Levy.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup PRANA organic whole black Proactivchia seeds
- 1 ½ cup pitted Deglett dates
- ½ cup sultana raisins
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Line a 13" x 9" pan with plastic wrap.
- Rehydrate dates slightly by soaking them in water.
- In a dry skillet, toast the raw almonds and the pumpkin seeds lightly, until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Drain the dates and, using a food processor, blend them into a chunky paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Put the toasted almonds and pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, cacao powder and salt in the food processor and pulse into crumbs.
- Add the date paste back into the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add the raisins and pulse to mix into a "dough".
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press down with your hands to even out and compact.
- Freeze for 2 to 3 hours before cutting into bars.
- Store bars in the freezer.