Coconut chia pudding with fruit coulis
Use coconut milk instead of the usual almond or soy milk for a chia pudding that's about a thousand times creamier! This parfait comes together in a matter of minutes - all you need to add is some homemade fruit coulis (basically frozen fruit, maple syrup and water blitzed in the blender), some plant-based yogourt and some fresh berries. Now that's a perfect snack, breakfast or dessert right there!
For the chia pudding
- 6 tbsp PRANA organic whole black Proactivchia seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk
- A dash vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Plant-based yogurt, to serve
For the fruit coulis
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (mango, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Put all of the ingredients of the chia pudding (except the yogurt) together in a Mason jar. Seal tightly and shake vigorously so that the chia seeds don't stick together or sink to the bottom. Let sit for 30 minutes, shaking occasionally.
- In a blender, mix the fruits, water and maple syrup together until you have a smooth coulis. You can also leave it chunky, if desired. Transfer to a bowl and let sit for several minutes.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the coulis in the bottom of each glass or mini mason jar. Top with a portion of yogurt, followed by a portion of chia pudding. Continue layering, and top each serving with fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, etc.).