- Rehydrate the dried shiitake mushrooms in a small pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain, but keep the water they were boiled in, and slice into small pieces.
- Mince the garlic and onions.
- In a large pot on medium heat, sauté the garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric and shiitake mushrooms in coconut oil for 3 minutes. Add the water used for boiling the mushrooms and reduce for about another minute.
- Add 4 cups of water and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Turn stove off, add the miso and lemon, mix well. Cover to keep warm.
Note: In order to preserve the miso paste's healthy enzymes, do not cook or boil it.