- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut 6 dried figs into thin slices, then mix all the dry ingredients together (figs, flour, spices, baking soda, and yeast)
- In a pan, heat the almond milk, water and maple syrup, making sure not to boil.
- In a food processor or using a hand mixer, mix the dry ingredients while slowly adding the liquids until it becomes consistent and smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased pan and add place some thinly sliced figs on top. Reduce the oven head to 300°F and bake for 40 minutes.
- To check if the dough is cooked, puncture it with the tip of a butter knife. If it is dry when removed it is cooked.
The gingerbread will keep for several weeks when kept well wrapped!