- Place the coconut milk can in the refrigerator overnight. That way, the coconut fat becomes firm and separates from the liquid coconut milk. You will only need the fatty coconut part.
- Just before making the whipped cream, cool the bowl in which you will whip the cream in the freezer for about 5 minutes. Remove the coconut milk can from the refrigerator and turn it upside down. This step makes the removal of the liquid coconut milk easier (the part that does not harden) which will now be at the top of the can.
- Open the can and pour the liquid coconut milk into a bowl. You can keep the liquid in the fridge and add it to your smoothies and other recipes.
- Put the fatty coconut part, which have harden, into the bowl you had previously cooled. Whisk the fatty coconut with an electric mixer the same way you would with regular whipped cream. Beat until creamy and fluffy just like ‘’real’’ whipped cream.
- Enhance the flavor by adding the sweetener of your choice and vanilla and beat a little more to combine it all.
Substitute the maple syrup with any sweetener of your choice.
Coconut whipped cream will keep in the refrigerator for at least 1 week and a half (probably more) in an airtight container. It will firm up a bit more in the refrigerator. Just whip again before using it again.