- Put wild rice in pot, covered by 2 inches of water. Cover and simmer until the rice is tender (approximately 45 minutes to an hour).
- While the rice is simmering, prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the juice, shallot, vinegar, chia seeds, mustard & garlic. Gradually whisk in the chia and olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After the wild rice has been simmering 20 minutes, boil white rice in 1 1/2 cups water in a heavy sauce pan. Boil for about 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to very low and cook, covered and undisturbed for another 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand while being covered for approximately 5 minutes.
- Rinse cooked wild rice in a strainer under cold water and drain. Stir together the two varieties of rice, the vinaigrette along with the nuts, greens and dried fruit. Serve at room temperature.
This salad can be kept in an air tight container, in the fridge, for up to 3 days.