Looking for a simple, quick summer side dish that doesn't involve turning on the oven? Look no further than this re-invented tabbouleh, which brings one of our favourite vegetables centre-stage: cauliflower. This recipe replaces bulgur with cauliflower florets, minced to a meal form using a food processor. This gluten-free, fresh-tasting tabbouleh is chockfull of fresh herbs, cherry tomatoes, corn, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Tossed with a zesty lemon, garlic and chia dressing, this tabbouleh makes a great lunch or addition to any picnic, potluck or backyard BBQ!
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower (about 3 cups when mixed)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup PRANA organic raw European pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic raw European almonds
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp PRANA organic whole black Proactivchia seeds
- PRANA unrefined Algarve sea salt, to taste
- PRANA organic fair trade whole black pepper, ground, to taste
- Cut the florets of cauliflower off the stem and cut them into small pieces. In a food processor, mix the pieces for a few seconds at a time until you have a fine meal. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, mince the green onions, chop the herbs and almonds and add to the cauliflower meal. Mix well.
- Toss with garlic vinaigrette and serve.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small container with a lid or a Mason jar and shake vigorously.