- To make the crust, put the nuts in food processor and grind them until you get a small crumble texture. You don't want it to be a 'flour'.
- Add the coconut, salt and vanilla extract in the food processor. Mix for until combined. Put your mixture in a bowl, add the date purée and mix with your hands.
- Take out a cupcake mold and add a bit of coconut oil in the bottom, so it will be easier to remove the pies. You can use a brush or your fingers and just put a thin layer. Then add the crust mixture you just made and press down to cover the sides of the molds.
- To make the filling, add all of the ingredients in Vitamix or food processor and blend until you obtain a smooth texture.
- Once you get the filling ready, you can divide it into the molds you crusted a few minutes before. You can add lime slices on top to decorate or any kind of decoration you want, we just added a bit of shredded coconut! You can put them in the fridge for a couple of minutes to let the filling get a bit firm. It will be easier to un-mold them. Enjoy!
* Keep your coconut oil at room temperature before starting your preparation. Your crust will mix much better in the food processor.
* Purée dates in your food processor by blending for a few minutes. Add a bit of water if necessary.
MAKING COCONUT BUTTER
Make your own coconut butter easily by adding 1 cup of shredded coconut in a vitamix of high speed blender and mix for 2 to 15 minutes (depending on the blender) until you obtain a smooth and creamy texture. If after a few minutes your coconut has not combined and changed texture, add approximately 1 tbsp of coconut oil and mix until you obtain a smooth texture. You can sweeten your coconut butter with agave syrup.
Your coconut butter is best kept in the fridge.