- Soak the dried beans in a large bowl of water for 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then place in a pot, full generously with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes, until tender but not soft.
- Finely chop the onions and garlic. Dice the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large pot, add the onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano, cinnamon and chili powder.
- Cook for several minutes, until the onions and peppers are well covered in spices. Add the tomato paste and stir some more.
- Add the pepper, carrots, celery, corn kernels and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, the cooked beans, vegetable broth and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium-low heat and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Gently stir in the chocolate, a mix lightly. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve in a large bowl garnished with fresh coriander.
Serve with brown rice or quinoa.